Master key advanced techniques for using FrameMaker in unstructured mode.
You’ll learn how to:
- Incorporate cross-references, contents, index and variables;
- Build and maintain multi-chapter books;
- Create and maintain FrameMaker templates, essential for consistent and efficient use.
Accredited FrameMaker training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide FrameMaker training.
FrameMaker training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with over 20 years’ experience working as a technical authoring professional.
How will I learn?
FrameMaker training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running FrameMaker.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for FrameMaker, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited FrameMaker training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following FrameMaker training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their FrameMaker trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the techniques taught in our Introduction to FrameMaker course, in particular character formatting, paragraphs, the table designer and master pages.
Training is based primarily on FrameMaker 2017, as contained in Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2017. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of FrameMaker.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request FrameMaker training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced FrameMaker training is available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in FrameMaker. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for FrameMaker training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an FrameMaker training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Working with Text Flows
- Discover how to create and manage single, parallel and multi-flow documents.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the flow
- A discussion of the role of system and user variables
- Creating, inserting and editing running header and footers
- Creating new user variables
Text insets and cross-references
- Working with imported text files
- Inserting and maintaining cross-references within a document
- Cross-references to other documents
- Creating and modifying cross-reference formats
- Creating a multi-version document using conditional tags
Exporting to HTML and using Hypertext markers
- Inserting hypertext markers into your FrameMaker file.
- Producing an HTML file from your FrameMaker source document
- Creating a complete FrameMaker template from scratch including character and paragraph formats, master pages and variables
Table of contents creation
- Generating, formatting and updating a table of contents
- Generating a table of figures list for stand-alone documents and books
- Creating a table of contents template
- Inserting and editing index markers
- Learning the syntax for creating simple and complex indexes
- Generating an index for a stand-alone document
- Creating an index template
- Creating a book from scratch
- Setting-up document numbering and pagination properties across multiple documents within a book
- Moving files in and out of a book
- Inserting a TOC into a book file
- Inserting an index into a book file
- Updating and maintaining books to ensure cross-references, imported graphics and pages numbers are correct
- Printing books and generating PDFs from books
- Importing colour into documents from commercial colour palettes
- Assigning colour to text, graphics and table objects.
The Equation Editor
- Inserting and editing equations