Master key advanced techniques for creating FrameMaker templates, ensuring consistency across your professional documentation projects, and making them more manageable.
You’ll learn to:
- Incorporate colour into your templates.
- Create paragraph and character formats.
- Create master pages and variables.
- Design tables.
- Work with object styles and reference pages.
All topics taught are relevant to FrameMaker used in both standard (unstructured) mode and structured environments.
Advanced FrameMaker training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Accredited FrameMaker training by industry experts
For over two decades, Armada was a leading provider of technical authoring services.
We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC). Advanced FrameMaker courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in FrameMaker. See Expert trainers.
Our background in the industry, combined with our Adobe-accredited status, makes us the perfect choice for providing your FrameMaker training.
How will I learn?
FrameMaker training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running FrameMaker.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for FrameMaker, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited FrameMaker training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following FrameMaker training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their FrameMaker trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the techniques taught in our Introduction to FrameMaker course, in particular character formatting, paragraphs, the table designer and master pages.
Training can be based on any version of FrameMaker to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for FrameMaker training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Advanced FrameMaker course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Advanced FrameMaker course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Advanced FrameMaker training courses are hosted by:
Philip is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI), specialising in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and FrameMaker.
Philip began his working life with Texas Instruments, before joining Adobe in 1995, where he worked for five years. Philip still has links with Adobe, manning their stands and carrying out presentations when they’re exhibiting in the UK.
For the last eighteen years, Philip has worked as a graphic design specialist, consultant and trainer. He continues to use Adobe applications extensively in his day-to-day professional work.
Lynne Telfer is long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor with over 25 years’ experience working as a professional trainer.
In the late nineties, Lynne worked for Adobe as a trainer and consultant, hosting courses in FrameMaker and other applications at all levels for Adobe’s clients. She’s provided training in Adobe’s Technical Communication and Creative applications ever since.
Lynne has expert knowledge of:
- Adobe FrameMaker – both Unstructured and Structured use.
- Adobe RoboHelp.
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Adobe’s e-Learning tools – Captivate and PResenter.
- Microsoft Office suite of applications, covering the mainstream applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint to advanced level.
Lynne has a BA Hons in Educational Practice from Oxford Brookes University.
Working with Colour
- Adding colours to the template file
- Creating, editing and deleting paragraph formats
- Creating complex numbered styles
- Creating, editing and deleting character formats
Conditional Format Tags
- Creating conditional tags
- Creating Boolean expressions
- Creating, editing, deleting and rearranging master pages
- Understanding text flow
- Connecting and disconnecting frames
- Creating and using a landscape master page
- Creating and editing user variables
- Editing system variables
- Understanding the variable building blocks
Cross Reference Formats
- Creating and editing cross-reference formats
- Understanding the building blocks
- Creating, editing and deleting table formats
- Creating object styles for anchored frames and other objects
- Creating referenced art as part of a paragraph design
- Editing reference pages for a Table of Contents
- Editing reference pages for an Index
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a FrameMaker course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the FrameMaker training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Advanced FrameMaker courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using FrameMaker.
- If you don’t have access to FrameMaker software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.