The AutoCAD Electrical specialised toolset is available to anyone who has a subscription to full AutoCAD. It provides a specialist solution for designing and drafting electrical control systems, offering symbol libraries, automation tools and other features for electrical design.
Our AutoCAD Electrical course provides thorough grounding in the toolset, teaching how to use the key tools and commands for professional 2D electrical design and drafting.
- Understanding AutoCAD Electrical project files.
- Electrical schematic drawing.
- Working with PLC symbols.
- Creating custom symbols.
- Terminal plan drawing.
- Generating reports.
You’ll learn many techniques for making significant productivity gains.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented. Where numbers allow, you’ll sit at a desk without anyone sitting next to you.
All courses are available in our popular live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who wants to start designing electrical control systems using the AutoCAD Electrical application.
Accredited AutoCAD Electrical training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Electrical training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Electrical courses are hosted by Lee Brown, an Autodesk Certified Instructor and Electrical Design Engineer with vast experience of using the AutoCAD Electrical application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Electrical training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Electrical.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
AutoCAD Electrical training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for AutoCAD Electrical, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Electrical training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Electrical training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Electrical trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with:
- Electrical principles, and electrical components and circuits.
- The fundamentals of AutoCAD for 2D drawing, i.e. you have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge. If you need to attend AutoCAD Essentials first, we offer an AutoCAD Electrical training bundle price for both courses.
AutoCAD Electrical version
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD Electrical 2023, running on Windows. It is relevant to users of AutoCAD Electrical 2018 and later.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request AutoCAD Electrical training available
AutoCAD Electrical training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request AutoCAD Electrical training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for AutoCAD Electrical training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled AutoCAD Electrical course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Lee Brown is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with 25 years’ experience working as a Draughtsman and Electrical Design Engineer.
He has numerous City and Guilds qualifications in subjects including AutoCAD 3D Design, Advanced AutoCAD System Management and Electrical Engineering.
Lee splits his time between training, and working as a Consultant. He specialises in the implementation, configuration of AutoCAD Electrical to company’s specific requirements. Industries in which Lee has implemented AutoCAD Electrical include Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Defence, Aerospace, and Building Services.
Lee has developed a range of courses for AutoCAD Electrical, and written the accompanying training guides.
He remains hands-on, carrying out regular Electrical System design and Control Panel design projects. Other tasks and project’s he’s undertaken recently include the administration of CAD databases, creation of drawing office standards, review of existing operating practices and workflows, and the management of a team of eight draughtsman.
- Overview of AutoCAD Electrical
- Overview of screen layout
Understanding project files
- Creating a new project
- WDF project files
- Project Manager interface
Electrical schematic drawing
- Wire numbering
- Component tagging
- Electrical control circuits
- Schematic symbol libraries
- Editing commands
Working with PLC symbols
- Insert PLC (parametric)
- Insert PLC (full units)
- Insert Individual PLC I/O points
- PLC based tagging
- Spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility
Creating custom symbols
- Creation of schematic symbols
- Naming convention
- Icon menu wizard
- AutoCAD Electrical databases
Terminal plan drawing
- Insert terminal symbol
- Manipulation of the terminal plan
- Multiple level terminals
- Multiple insert component command
- Insert jumpers
- Terminal strip editor
- DIN Rail command
- Save an external file
- Put on drawing
- Configure report templates
- Running automatic reports
- Electrical audit
Live online training
Online training lets you participate in a live AutoCAD Electrical course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and the other delegates participating in the course…
- Watch our trainer demonstrate techniques in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to take control to explain something.
Like our in-class courses, online AutoCAD Electrical courses…
- Are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors.
- Give you plenty of opportunity to carry out assisted, practical exercises using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Offer 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an Internet-connected computer with…
- AutoCAD Electrical installed. If you don’t have access to AutoCAD Electrical, we can usually send you a link to fully-functional trial software to download and install.
- A webcam and audio capability. If your computer running AutoCAD Electrical doesn’t have these, you can use a second device, such as another computer or tablet. See Hardware recommendations for live online training for further details.
If there’s anything you’re not sure about we’ll do our best to help you. We won’t be able to assist with your AutoCAD Electrical installation, but we can provide details for Autodesk support who’ll be able to help you with this.
We provide everything else…
- Links to download the files, resources, etc. you’ll use in your course.
- A training guide. For most courses, you can choose from a printed copy that we post to you, or a PDF.
In the week before your course, we’ll send you an email containing everything you need to prepare for and participate in the training. Then, a couple of days before your course, we’ll give you a courtesy call to make sure you have everything in place and answer any questions you may have.
Please note that we are not able to record scheduled online courses for privacy reasons.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time
Discounts and bundles
To make your AutoCAD Electrical training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted AutoCAD Electrical training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) AutoCAD Electrical training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get AutoCAD Electrical training for less.
AutoCAD Electrical training bundle
- AutoCAD Essentials (3 days), and
- AutoCAD Electrical (2 days)
for £845 + VAT (classroom-based) or £645 + VAT (live online training), saving £145 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled AutoCAD Electrical course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.