Dates and booking
Live online training
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centre
Cardiff training centre
Milton Keynes training centre
Reading training centre
Revit MEP training course for beginners, teaching the concepts behind BIM and key techniques in Revit as used by engineers and designers in the mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) disciplines.
Autodesk Revit provides the tools MEP engineers and designers require for their roles in a building project.
Revit MEP Essentials training provides a thorough grounding in the application, focusing on techniques required for MEP. On completion, you will be able to use Revit to take a project from conceptual through the stages of design, analysis, documentation and visualisation.
Scheduled courses take place on a Monday, Thursday and Friday. On Monday, you cover general Revit techniques; on Thursday and Friday you concentrate on techniques specific to MEP. (You have a gap in the course because the techniques taught on Tuesday and Wednesday are relevant to delegates learning Revit for architecture and structural design.)
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented. Where numbers allow, you’ll sit at a desk without anyone sitting next to you.
All courses are available in our popular live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- MEP engineers.
- Anyone who needs to understand the processes in Revit relating to mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
If you’re going to be using Revit primarily for architecture or structural engineering, see Revit Essentials.
Accredited Revit MEP training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Revit MEP training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Revit MEP courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally. For details, see Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
Revit MEP training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Revit.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Revit MEP training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for Revit MEP, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Revit MEP training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Revit certification exams
When you attend Revit training, you’re not assessed and there is no exam to sit. We teach you practical skills you can use in the real world, not prepare you to sit a test.
If you want to gain an industry-recognised credential in Revit, we offer Autodesk certification exams that you can sit on a future date.
Exams can be sat at our Bromsgrove centre, on online. For further details, see Certification exams.
After course support
Following Revit MEP training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Revit trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Revit knowledge is necessary.
You should have a basic understanding of the discipline in which you’re going to be using Revit, for example M&E.
Experience using a CAD application such as AutoCAD is not essential.
Revit training is based primarily on Revit 2023. It is relevant to users of Revit 2018 and later.
You must have access to full Revit to be able to carry out the techniques taught in this course. Revit LT does not support MEP design.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Revit training available
Revit MEP Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Revit training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Revit training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Revit MEP Essentials course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Revit MEP Essentials training courses are hosted by:
Martin McCann qualified as an Architect in 1986, and he holds a teaching certificate (further and adult education).
He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), a capacity in which he has taught thousands of professionals, including Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, for over 20 years.
Martin has expert knowledge of Revit, NavisWorks, ReCap, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, amongst other Autodesk applications.
He has been commissioned by Autodesk on multiple occasions to host sessions for them at locations including New York, Chicago, Moscow, Milan and Munich. He has trained Autodesk’s staff and many other Autodesk Certified Instructors, and has operated as a visiting Lecturer at the University of Northumbria and Cambridge School of Art.
Martin is the author of the McCann’s BIM Guides series of published Revit training manuals.
Stewart began his working life as a junior draughtsman, and progressed through to Design Director leading a studio of designers working on both 2D and 3D projects.
He then worked for himself for over 25 years, completing around 100 design projects per year for a myriad of clients, including household names such as Vauxhall and McDonalds.
More recently, Stewart’s focus has been on training. He has been an Autodesk Certified Instructor since 2010, hosting courses in AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Civil 3D and SketchUp.
In between courses, Stewart uses these applications professionally when carrying out project work for clients. Using the applications regularly helps him to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He also specialises in the production of photorealistic rendered images and visualisations using renderers including V-Ray.
Outside of work, Stewart enjoys music (he runs the sound desk for a number of local bands), reading and playing with any new piece of technology he can lay his hands on!
Andy has worked in CAD for over 30 years in roles including Draughtsman, CAD System Manager, Project Manager and Design Engineer.
In recent years, Andy has focused on developing and delivering training courses. He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), and he focuses primarily on Autodesk applications including AutoCAD, Inventor, Fusion 360, 3ds Max and Sketchbook, as well as Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
Andy continues to undertake project work to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He specialises in modelling complex 3D designs from prototype to production, including the development of visuals and animations for a range of engineering projects.
Industries in which Andy has significant experience include aerospace, defence and automotive.
Nebille studied architecture at University, achieving a high-grade BSc and an MSc distinction.
Over the last 20 years, he has worked for architectural practices, local authorities and numerous blue-chip clients in the construction and related industries.
Roles Nebille has carried out include Architectural Technician, Visualiser/Animator, Revit/BIM Coordinator, Software Developer and Consultant. He specialises in project setup, family creation and team structures/collaboration.
Alongside his hands-on work, Nebille hosts regular courses in 3ds Max, AutoCAD, Revit and NavisWorks. He has been an Autodesk Certified Trainer since 2006.
As a registered architect, Calum has 30 years’ experience delivering technically challenging, multi-disciplinary design and construction projects using applications including AutoCAD and Revit.
Calum has lead implementation, development, sales and training teams in a CAD environment. He has a deep level of understanding of AutoCAD and Revit. As well as hosting training courses, he has significant experience presenting and demonstrating Autodesk’s solutions to clients at public events, advising clients on the implementation of Autodesk applications within their practices and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Away from training, Calum enjoys keeping fit by swimming, participating in watersports, running and hillwalking. When not participating himself, he supports his children in their competitive sporting activities.
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Introduction to BIM
- Exploring the user interface
- Working with Revit elements and families
Viewing the structural model
- Working with views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with elevation and section views
- Working with 3D views
Starting a new project
- Setting up a project
- Setting up view templates
- Defining discipline settings
- Importing typical DWG details
- Linking a Revit model
- Coordinating linked projects
- Adding and modifying levels
- Creating and modifying grids
Starting Revit MEP projects
- Linking architectural projects
- Copying and monitoring elements
- Setting Up and Modifying Levels
Understanding Revit MEP systems
- About MEP systems
- Creating systems – overview
- Connecting components
Spaces and zones
- Creating spaces
- Creating zones and colour schemes
- Preparing a project for energy analysis
- Analysing the heating and cooling loads
- Exporting for secondary analysis
- About piping systems
- Creating piping systems
- About HVAC systems
- Adding air terminals and mechanical equipment
- Adding ductwork
- Creating and modifying duct systems
- Automatic ductwork layouts
- About electrical systems
- Placing electrical components
- Creating electrical circuits
- Cable trays and conduit
- Electrical panel schedules
Annotating construction documents
- Adding detail lines and symbols
Tags and schedules
- Adding tags
- Creating schedules
- Modifying schedules
Live online training
Online training lets you participate in a live Revit course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and the other delegates participating in the course…
- Watch our trainer demonstrate techniques in Revit.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to take control to explain something.
Like our in-class courses, online Revit MEP Essentials courses…
- Are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors.
- Give you plenty of opportunity to carry out assisted, practical exercises using Revit.
- Offer 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an Internet-connected computer with…
- Revit installed. If you don’t have access to Revit, we can usually send you a link to fully-functional trial software to download and install.
- A webcam and audio capability. If your computer running Revit doesn’t have these, you can use a second device, such as another computer or tablet. See Hardware recommendations for live online training for further details.
If there’s anything you’re not sure about we’ll do our best to help you. We won’t be able to assist with your Revit installation, but we can provide details for Autodesk support who’ll be able to help you with this.
We provide everything else…
- Links to download the files, resources, etc. you’ll use in your course.
- A training guide. For most courses, you can choose from a printed copy that we post to you, or a PDF.
In the week before your course, we’ll send you an email containing everything you need to prepare for and participate in the training. Then, a couple of days before your course, we’ll give you a courtesy call to make sure you have everything in place and answer any questions you may have.
Please note that we are not able to record scheduled online courses for privacy reasons.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time
Discounts and bundles
To make your Revit training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Revit training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Revit training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Revit training for less.
Revit training bundle
- Revit MEP Essentials (3 days)
for £995 + VAT (classroom-based) or £745 + VAT (live online training), saving £95 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Revit course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.